We’re releasing the new issue of Desert Outlook a day early during our November issue release party at Tropicale, 330 E. Amado Road in Palm Springs.
Come celebrate with us from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at one of Palm Springs’ most popular restaurants. Meet the people featured in the current and past issues and many of our talented contributors. There will be drink specials, giveaways and lots of fun.
• Our cover story by Skip Descant looks at the new ways LGBTs (with kids) travel.
• Lynn Lieu also has a feature on cocktails!
• Holiday gift ideas: We tag along with interior designer Christopher Kennedy on a Coachella Valley shopping spree.
• Think you’re well-versed in Palm Springs’ gay history? Writer Matthew Link takes you on a wild and informative ride you won’t soon forget.
• Meet Carl Taussig. The gay softball player sees life in a whole new light since taking up the sport, though he’s blind in one eye.
• Find out what the prolific author Jackie Collins has to say about her Grindr experience and upcoming desert gig for the AIDS Assistance Program.